Would You Like To Be A Cycling Ireland Women In Sport Advocate In 2023?
Are you passionate about getting more women and girls cycling? Cycling Ireland is looking for individuals to take up the mantle of being a Cycling Ireland Women in Sport Advocate and inspire other women and girls during 2023 to take up or stay involved in Cycling.
The Cycling Ireland Women in Sport Officer will support the advocates along with the current 21 advocates!
The advocates will help Cycling Ireland to showcase women in Cycling across the four pillars of the Sport Ireland Policy on Women in Sport – Active Participation, Coaching and Officiating, Leadership & Governance and Visibility.
Cycling Ireland are looking for women who are passionate about cycling and sharing their journey of our beloved sport. As a member of your local club, being an advocate means encouraging women in your local club and your local community with their cycling journeys and championing the sport. We are looking for advocates from each province and across the various cycling disciplines.
Women in Sport Advocate Role:
The role of the advocate is to promote women and girls cycling in their local area to encourage more participation.
· Act as an advocate for female cyclists in your local area, across Cycling Ireland and the cycling community.
· Sharing the story of your journey into cycling to inspire others.
· Help promote female cycling via social media.
· Signpost women to websites such as Cycling Ireland and Sport Ireland Women in Sport for further inspiration/information on local opportunities.
· Support other women and girls through their own journey (either through promotion, attending or helping to deliver events etc).
· Most importantly, be an inspiration to other women in cycling to be more active and support where possible.
What you will receive:
· Cycling Ireland ‘Women in Sport Advocate’ Jacket.
· Entry to a Cycling Ireland event of your choice during 2023.
· Cycling Ireland leisure membership for 2023 (we will refund you if you have already signed up).
Central to being an advocate is simply loving cycling! Cyclists are hugely passionate about their sport and this is infectious. Cycling Ireland Women in Sport advocates will champion the sport in their community for new and experienced cyclists alike.
To apply, please complete the application form
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 28th November 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Elaine Cahill on firstname.lastname@example.org