Would you like to be a Cycling Advocate?
Are you passionate about getting more women and girls cycling? Cycling Ireland is looking for individuals to take up the mantle of a Bike Like Me Advocate and inspire other women and girls during 2022 to ‘Bike Like Me’. Cycling Ireland will support six females on their journey and this year we are also inviting applications from girls to join our current twelve advocates from 2020 and 2019.
The advocates will help Cycling Ireland celebrate the Bike Like Me campaign, highlighting whatever your ability or previous experience is, cycling can be a fun, enjoyable activity and can fit in to everyday lives.
Cycling Ireland are looking for girls and women who are passionate about cycling and sharing their journey of our beloved sport. Being an advocate means encouraging women in your local club and your local community with their cycling journeys and championing the sport. We are looking for advocates from each province and across the various cycling disciplines.
Bike Like Me Advocate Role:
The role of the Bike Like Me Advocate is to promote women and girls cycling in their local area to encourage more participation.
• Act as an advocate for female cyclists in your local area, across Cycling Ireland and the cycling community.
• Sharing the story of your journey into cycling to inspire others.
• Help promote female cycling via social media.
• Be available for promotion throughout the year
• Signpost women to websites such as Cycling Ireland and Sport Ireland Women in Sport for further inspiration/information on local opportunities.
• Support other women and girls through their own journey (either through promotion, attending or helping to deliver events etc).
• Most importantly, be an inspiration to other women in cycling to be more active and support where possible.
What you will receive:
• Opportunities for personal development (for example access to Cycling Ireland Training & Education Programme).
• Cycling Ireland ‘Bike Like Me’ Training Top.
• Entry to a Cycling Ireland event of your choice during 2022.
• Cycling Ireland membership for 2022 (we will refund you if you have already signed up).
Central to being an advocate is simply loving cycling! Cyclists are hugely passionate about their sport and this is infectious. Bike Like Me advocates will champion the sport in their community for new and experienced cyclists alike.
To apply, please complete the application form.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Wednesday 8th December 2021. Late applications will not be accepted. If you have any questions, please contact Elaine Cahill on firstname.lastname@example.org