The Republic of Ireland is moving to Level 5 of the Government’s ‘Living with Covid’ plan from Saturday, December 27th.
Level 5 – Republic of Ireland
The key implications for Cycling Ireland’s approved events and activities are as follows.
· Outdoors: Non-contact training only in pods of up to 15 (There is an exemption for professional and elite sports).
Cycling Ireland club training sessions and approved activities can proceed provided government guidelines regarding maximum participant numbers are adhered to, and riders stay within their county.
- Indoors: Individual training only.
Matches and events
- No matches or events to take place. (exemption: professional/elite/horse & greyhound racing can take place behind closed doors.)
Cycling Ireland is preparing a submission to Government regarding the suite of public health measurers currently applied to cycling events and activities.
Training should take place within your county. Travel is permitted for work and essential journeys only.
The following exemptions apply:
- Professional Team riders (UCI)
- Sport Ireland/Sport NI carded athletes
Visits Gov.ie for more information: