Sports Club Resilience Fund
Sport Ireland has secured additional funding for 2021 to support Sporting Organisations with the impact of COVID 19.
The Sports Club Resilience Fund is open to Cycling Ireland affiliated clubs within the Republic of Ireland. Applications will close at 9am on 21st October 2021.
About the Sports Club Resilience Fund
The Sports Club Resilience Fund has been made available to ensure Sports Clubs can continue to deliver sporting opportunities at a local level. The grant scheme is designed primarily to support sporting activity and clubs who have experienced a negative financial impact due to Covid-19. This may include a reduction in membership income due to Covid-19, loss of income or additional costs associated with the cancellation or rescheduling of events, the purchase of equipment necessary for Covid-19 compliance and safety and other financial hardships caused by Covid-19.
Loss of income from ancillary activities such as hospitality or other non-sporting commercial activity such as clubhouse bars cannot be considered.
How to apply
Applications will be accepted via the online form here
The closing date for clubs to make a submission is 9am on 21st October 2021.
Please note that only complete applications with detailed responses and all supplementary financial information can be considered.
• The funding is provided by Sport Ireland therefore is available to clubs based within the Republic of Ireland only.
• Funding is for Covid-19 related financial hardship only – i.e. it cannot be used for previous debts or Capital Works.
• If funding is being sought under the Sports Club Resilience Fund through Cycling Ireland a claim should not be made via your Local Sports Partnership i.e. duplicate funding is not permitted.
• Submission of an application form does not guarantee funding. Funding will be distributed by Sport Ireland across all sports on the basis of evidenced need and demand may well exceed the availability of funding.
• Open to 2021 Cycling Ireland affiliated clubs only.